Some of David Abbott's creative highlights
David Abbott, the legendary copywriter and co-founder of Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, died on Saturday 17 May aged 75. Here is some of his most celebrated creative work.
Yellow Pages: David Abbott created the iconic JR Hartley TV ad
Abbott, who was born in 1938, began his career as a copywriter, working at Mather & Crowther, and then moved to DDB London. He was one of the few men in advertising to work under both David Ogilvy and Bill Bernbach.
He founded AMV BBDO with Peter Mead and Adrian Vickers in 1977, and went on to create enduring work for brands including BT, Sainsbury’s and Volvo, among others. Here are some of his creative highlights.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)