Some of David Abbott's creative highlights
David Abbott, the legendary copywriter and co-founder of Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, died on Saturday 17 May aged 75. Here is some of his most celebrated creative work.
Yellow Pages: David Abbott created the iconic JR Hartley TV ad
Abbott, who was born in 1938, began his career as a copywriter, working at Mather & Crowther, and then moved to DDB London. He was one of the few men in advertising to work under both David Ogilvy and Bill Bernbach.
He founded AMV BBDO with Peter Mead and Adrian Vickers in 1977, and went on to create enduring work for brands including BT, Sainsbury’s and Volvo, among others. Here are some of his creative highlights.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)