Droga5 Europe wins Cîroc brief
Diageo has appointed Droga5 Europe to its advertising account for Cîroc, the luxury vodka brand fronted by the rapper Sean Combs in the US.
Cîroc: rapper Sean Combs is an ambassador for the the vodka brand in the US
The London-based agency won the business after a competitive pitch against four agencies.
Hometown London was appointed to handle Cîroc’s advertising outside the US in July 2013, but the campaign was put on hold before any work was produced and never restarted.
Droga5 Europe is tasked with created a campaign that will run in the UK, Brazil, Eastern Europe and South Africa from July. Combs, who part-owns Cîroc, will not appear in the Droga5 campaign.
The pitch does not affect Cîroc’s ad agency in the US, Blue Flame.
A Diageo spokeswoman confirmed the news and said: "Following an extensive strategic review, Droga5 London has been appointed as the lead creative agency for the Cîroc vodka brand in markets outside of the US."
Last week, Campaign revealed Droga5 Europe's executive creative director Thiago de Moraes was leaving the agency.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)