Royal Mail pilots Sunday parcel delivery service
Royal Mail is to trial a Sunday delivery service this summer, opening about 100 of its UK delivery offices on Sunday afternoons to deliver parcel to households within the M25 and extending its Parcelforce service for major e-commerce customers.
Royal Mail: 'we love parcels' ad by Beta London
The move is designed to help Royal Mail better compete with rivals such as DPD and Hermes, which have announced plans to deliver on Sundays.
Royal Mail, which was privatised last year, said the initiatives would allow "shoppers not at home during the day to get their parcels".
Delivery offices with the highest parcel volumes across England, Wales, Scotland and Wales and Northern Ireland will open on Sunday afternoons, while Parcelforce Worldwide’s Sunday delivery service will launch in June for online shoppers buying off particular ecommerce sites.
The group is also to open its distribution network later on Saturdays and Sundays so that large e-commerce retail customers can post items ordered by consumers on a Saturday afternoon and Sunday for delivery on Monday.
Moya Greene, Royal Mail Group’s chief executive, said: "Through these new Sunday services we are exploring ways to improve our flexibility and provide more options for people to receive items they have ordered online.
"The support of the Communication Workers Union has enabled us to respond quickly to a changing market, underlining the importance of the ground-breaking Agenda for Growth agreement."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...