Fred & Farid claim responsibility for Omnipub merger 'fail'
Fred & Farid, the French agency, has released a spoof case study claiming credit for the failed merger between Omnicom and Publicis.
In the video, the agency claims that it orchestrated the doomed merger by sending a love letter to the Publicis Groupe chief executive, Maurice Lévy, signed by the Omnicom chief executive, John Wren, and then one to Wren from Lévy.
The agency then claims it asked WPP chief executive Martin Sorrell to stir the pot.
The result, Fred & Farid, says, was a punchline that "went viral like crazy... making the whole world participate to a very bizarre ‘pre-divorce ceremony’.
"In the end, no one was hurt... and this little story proved once again… that love really is blind."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)