Fred & Farid claim responsibility for Omnipub merger 'fail'
Fred & Farid, the French agency, has released a spoof case study claiming credit for the failed merger between Omnicom and Publicis.
In the video, the agency claims that it orchestrated the doomed merger by sending a love letter to the Publicis Groupe chief executive, Maurice Lévy, signed by the Omnicom chief executive, John Wren, and then one to Wren from Lévy.
The agency then claims it asked WPP chief executive Martin Sorrell to stir the pot.
The result, Fred & Farid, says, was a punchline that "went viral like crazy... making the whole world participate to a very bizarre ‘pre-divorce ceremony’.
"In the end, no one was hurt... and this little story proved once again… that love really is blind."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London