Nintendo to air players' in-game Mario Kart footage in TV spots
Nintendo is offering the players of 'Mario Kart 8' on its Wii U console a chance to have highlights of their games screened during an ad break on the E4 television channel.
Nintendo: to air players' in-game Mario Kart footage in TV spots
The company has partnered with Channel 4 for the deal that aims to promote the launch of the game next month, with the ad spots featuring the in-game footage appearing each night during the first week of June.
Players will be invited to use the ‘Mario Kart TV’ feature, which allows the recording of gameplay, to upload race highlights onto MiiVerse and YouTube to enter the competition.
Roger Langford, Mario brand manager at Nintendo UK, said the company had chosen to partner with E4 because it was the "perfect vehicle for highlighting this feature to a young and engaged audience."
The ads with the in-game footage will also include the player’s name and each ad will be broadcast at 8.10pm.
Nintendo will raise awareness of the competition with ad spots on E4 running from today until Sunday 1 June.
The gaming industry has a history of attempting to innovate with TV spots by integrating its players gaming into ads.
Microsoft-owned Xbox used Facebook information in live TV ads, as part of the relaunch campaign for its 'Halo' video-game franchise. The 60-second TV spot features the names and pictures of randomly selected gaming fans who have opted in to the venture via Facebook.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)