Tim Westwood 'pimps' a BBQ in Heck sausages campaign
Tim Westwood, the hip hop DJ, pimps up a barbecue with special features including a sound system, in a set of social films from the sausage brand Heck.
The campaign, created by Partners Andrews Aldridge, parodies the MTV series ‘Pimp My Ride’, where presenters deck out cars with extravagant features.
Westwood is filmed hunting for "the nation’s saddest excuse for a barbecue", with a mission to transform it to make it fit for National BBQ week this week.
The films are appearing on Vine, Instagram and YouTube.
In one film, Westwood yells at the owner of the original barbecue, and tries to make him eat a burnt sausage.
Westwood encourages people to post photos of their own barbecue on social media, using the hashtag #WhatTheHeck. This will enter them into a competition to win a barbecue worth £3,500.
The campaign will be supported by spend on Twitter and Facebook and seeded across the Viral Ad Network.
Paul Vallois, a managing partner at PAA, said: "Heck is a relatively young brand, so it needed a campaign that would start to convey its irreverent attitude. Taking advantage of National BBQ Week and with tongue firmly in cheek, we enlisted the help of Westwood start to build a social presence."
The art director at PAA was Paul Crump and the copywriter was Vicki Murfitt. The production company was Problem With Authority.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)