TalkSport's commercial leader Anthony Hogg exits ahead of World Cup
Anthony Hogg, the commercial development director at TalkSport and Sport Magazine, has left the company just weeks before the group activates its live commentary rights to the 2014 Fifa World Cup.
TalkSport: commercial development director exits
Hogg has been part of the UTV Media owned operation for the past seven years, developing its cross platform campaigns for the station and magazine’s biggest clients.
He is not believed to have a new role to go to, but is said to be "looking forward to finding a new challenge in the near future".
Adam Mills, sales director at TalkSport, was not available to confirm whether Hogg will be replaced.
TalkSport's revenues are expected to surge 45% in the second quarter on the back of its World Cup led advertising.
It follows UTV Media, which also owns the ITV franchise for Northern Ireland, reporting TalkSport’s revenues were up 16% in the first quarter ahead of the tournament in Brazil.
UTV Media has set its hopes on securing the rights will help reinvigorate revenues across its flagship TalkSport station, which were down 15% year on year in the nine months to 30 September.
The UTV Media-owned radio station will broadcast live commentary of every game from the Brazil 2014 tournament, starting with the opening game on 12 June through to the final at the Maracana Stadium on 13 July.
TalkSport's football presenters and pundits include Stan Collymore, Sam Matterface, Richard Keys and Andy Gray.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)