Fifa targets social World Cup fans with 'Global Stadium' digital hub
Fifa is encouraging football fans to congregate at its 'Global Stadium' digital hub during the summer's World Cup matches, and is offering "minute-by-minute" updates on events in Brazil.
Fifa: rolls out World Cup 'Global Stadium' digital hub
Football’s organising body recently revamped its website, Fifa.com, to attract more supporters posting on social media sites during games. Fifa has around 280 million likes on its Facebook page, and more than seven million followers on Twitter.
The Global Stadium hub will "open" for each of the 64 World Cup matches. Users will be able to access team news, vote for the man of the match and win the kick-off ball used in each game.
Fifa will use the hashtags #WorldCup and #Joinin to unify its digital communications during the tournament and each match will also have its own hashtag.
Walter De Gregorio, Fifa director of communications and public affairs, said: "We aim to provide an all-round digital companion so that billions of fans can join in and share their excitement. Only the World Cup and digital can create this worldwide conversation."
Earlier this month, Sony, an official World Cup partner, launched its own ‘One Stadium Live’ social network to curate social media content across different languages into the most "popular, relevant and recent" football topics taken from Twitter, Facebook and Google+.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)