Campaign Viral Chart: Shakira's World Cup ad tops the list
Four out of the ten videos in this week's Campaign Viral Chart entice viewers with the excitement of the fast-approaching World Cup, led by an Activia ad featuring the Colombian singer Shakira.
Shakira: her World Cup-themed video tops this week's viral chart
Shakira tops the list with a colourful music video featuring footballers including Ronaldo and Lionel Messi, which promotes healthcare company Activia's campaign to support the World Food Programme.
The title and chorus line of the song and video, "La la la" – an effort to appeal to fans of all languages – appears to have succeeded as the video has been shared 1,326,563 times this week.
The second most-shared video also focuses on the World Cup, with a more artistic approach. An ad for Adidas, the video "all in or nothing" was created by TBWA LA.
A fifth video, for Samsung by Cheil Worldwide, doesn't directly mention the tournament, but attempts to ride the buzz around the event by featuring footballers.
Breaking the World Cup trend is a video inspired by the recent video in which rapper Jay-Z was allegedly attacked by his sister-in-law Solange Knowles. Dare created the work, entitled "#ViolenceIsViolence", which depicts domestic abuse with the stereotypical gender roles reversed.
1. Activa "la la la (brazil 2014)" By Jaume de Laiguana
1,326,563 shares this week | 1,339,322 shares all-time
2. adidas "the dream: all in or nothing" by TBWA LA
110,601 shares this week | 110,601 shares all-time
3. ManKind "#violenceisviolence" by Dare
78,022 shares this week | 80,369 shares all-time
4. Chanel "the colors" by Chanel
61,447 shares this week | 70,833 shares all-time
5. Samsung "#galaxy11: the training" by Cheil Worldwide
38,660 shares this week | 463,235 shares all-time
6. Coca Cola "la copa de todos" by Wunderman
24,658 shares this week | 44,412 shares all-time
7. BETC Paris "amazing street hack" by Ubisoft
22,922 shares this week | 207,631 shares all-time
8. Coca-Cola "coca-cola friendly twist" by Leo Burnett Colombia
22,001 shares this week | 23,123 shares all-time
9. FIFA "fifa 14 ultimate team world cup" by EA Sports
18,267 shares this week | 18,267 shares all-time
10. PlayStation "evening the odds" by PlayStation
5,984 shares this week | 50,300 shares all-time
Sourced from Unruly Media.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)