Visa brings back Olympic star Usain Bolt for World Cup ad pushing payment technology
Visa is bringing back the star of its London 2012 activity Usain Bolt for the marketing push supporting its sponsorship of World Cup in Brazil.
The first phase of the campaign will give consumers the chance to win trips to Brazil attend the World Cup, while the following ‘Flow Faster’ phase will concentrate on Visa’s payment technologies.
Visa’s World Cup activity will build on last year’s ‘Flow Faster’ campaign that saw an old man rather than an athlete the star.
Last year’s campaign was an extension of its Olympic-led campaign starring Bolt, which was the first to feature the ‘Flow Faster’ message
The World Cup campaign is built around the idea of "following Bolt to Brazil" because Bolt, a keen Manchester United supporter, is "football’s fastest fan".
Colin Clarke, executive director at Visa Europe, said: "Usain had already worked with Visa Europe and with his love of football it seemed a natural fit for him to lead our campaign: a FIFA World Cup promotion that will capture the spirit of football, the world’s fastest athlete and our products helping people’s lives flow faster."
Visa will run the campaign, created by Saatchi & Saatchi London, across 22 markets from today until the end of the tournament.
Creative shows Bolt start his journey on a Jamaican athletic track and end in the Maracana stadium, while becoming immersed in Brazilian football on his way with every online, contactless and mobile transaction.
The ad is set to Ugly Duckling’s ‘A Little Samba’ track. Bolt ends the campaign in the colours of the Brazil team’s kit, which is similar to the Jamaica kit, although Jamaica did not qualify for the tournament.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager - FMCG Brand Recruitment £45000 per annum + excellent bonus and benefits, Northampton
- Research Manager - Cultural Insight Hasson Associates £38,000 - £42,000, Surrey