Citroen UK marketing director Jules Tilstone promoted to global DS role
Citroen UK marketing director Jules Tilstone has been promoted to the role of head of marketing for the company's DS premium marque.
Jules Tilstone: Citroen UK marketing director moves up to global DS role
Tilstone, who took up the top UK marketing post at Citroen in 2010, has been with the manufacturer since 2000. He will be responsible for DS’ global strategy, advertising and digital marketing, and will report to DS brand director of sales and marketing, Arnaud Ribault.
While in the post, Tilstone oversaw a number of digitally-led initiatives, including what it claimed was the first crowdsourced production vehicle, in which Facebook users were able to create their own version of Citroen’s C1 city car via an app.
Helen Bradshaw (right) will replace Tilstone as Citroen UK marketing director with immediate effect. Currently head of national and dealer advertising, she joined from fellow PSA Peugeot Citroen brand Peugeot in 2012.
Citroen revived its premium marque DS in 2009, and has ambitions to establish the brand as a major player in the premium car sector in China.
Originating from the French word "déesse", meaning "goddess", DS was first introduced in 1955 before being phased out in 1976.
Last year, Citroen enjoyed a 6.4% year-on-year rise in UK new vehicle registrations, according to SMMT figures. However, in a buoyant market, the brand saw its market share slip from 3.6% to 3.46%.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...