Share a Coke is back - but Bobby the dog can't find a bottle with his name
He searches high, he searches low, through crowds of dancing teens, past pool parties and even passes through a skatepark, but the poor canine still can't find his name.
As The Ting Tings’ 'That’s not my name' plays across the scenes, and people find cans and bottles of Coke with their names on, Bobby continues on his mission until he ends up on the roof of a building, where a digital billboard brandishes his name in red and white.
He gets so excited he chases his tail.
The Share a Coke campaign, which adds a layer of personalisation for consumers by replacing the brand's logo with people's names, has been brought back for a second year in the UK after it was hailed for its creative effectiveness.
At the time of the UK launch in April last year, Coke’s UK and Ireland managing director Jon Woods praised the work as "a brave move to replace the world’s most iconic brand with 150 names" in its biggest-ever summer marketing campaign.
Former chief marketing officer Jonathan Mildenhall said the original Australian campaign was the most awarded of 2012.
"It broke so many of our own norms. It was bold, brave work and caught the imagination of people worldwide," he said, adding that the success of the campaign meant it was being rolled out to more than a dozen markets in 2013.
Agency: M&C Saatchi
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury