Share a Coke is back - but Bobby the dog can't find a bottle with his name
He searches high, he searches low, through crowds of dancing teens, past pool parties and even passes through a skatepark, but the poor canine still can't find his name.
As The Ting Tings’ 'That’s not my name' plays across the scenes, and people find cans and bottles of Coke with their names on, Bobby continues on his mission until he ends up on the roof of a building, where a digital billboard brandishes his name in red and white.
He gets so excited he chases his tail.
The Share a Coke campaign, which adds a layer of personalisation for consumers by replacing the brand's logo with people's names, has been brought back for a second year in the UK after it was hailed for its creative effectiveness.
At the time of the UK launch in April last year, Coke’s UK and Ireland managing director Jon Woods praised the work as "a brave move to replace the world’s most iconic brand with 150 names" in its biggest-ever summer marketing campaign.
Former chief marketing officer Jonathan Mildenhall said the original Australian campaign was the most awarded of 2012.
"It broke so many of our own norms. It was bold, brave work and caught the imagination of people worldwide," he said, adding that the success of the campaign meant it was being rolled out to more than a dozen markets in 2013.
Agency: M&C Saatchi
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...