Future mulls closure of gaming websites
Future, the publisher of Total Film and T3, is mulling the closure of six websites as part of sweeping changes to its business model.
Future: possible website closure
The websites for Total Film, Edge, Official PlayStation, Official Nintendo and Official Xbox will be closed if the proposals go ahead, along with the online-only video-games brand CVG.
Sources said Future is planning a single website for its gaming titles. The print magazines are not thought to be affected.
Last week, Future agreed to sell its cycling and craft titles – around a quarter of its business – to Immediate Media.
The company’s 850 staff are currently going through a consultation period, ahead of 170 planned redundancies. The cuts follow a profit warning in March.
A spokeswoman for Future declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...