Ten things you need to know
JWT picks Eastwood as CCO
JWT has hired DDB New York’s Matt Eastwood as its worldwide chief creative officer – a role that has been vacant since 2009.
Altmann departs Publicis
Olivier Altmann, Publicis’ one-time global creative chief, is quitting to start his own agency.
AKQA launches office in Brazil
AKQA has opened an office in Brazil led by Hugo Veiga and Diego Machado, the creatives behind last year’s "real beauty sketches" for Dove.
Broadband site rethinks media
Broadbandchoices, the comparison website, is reviewing its media account. The7stars, Goodstuff Communications, Havas Media, PHD, UM London and Vizeum have been invited to participate. The incumbent, Total Media, will not be repitching.
Lewis joins Albion for strategy
Phil Lewis, a co-founder of London Strategy Unit, has joined Albion as the strategy director. Lewis will oversee all strategic output and consolidate Albion’s brand and communication work.
Lowe Profero lands BR award
Lowe Profero picked up the Grand Prix at the Brand Republic Digital Awards for its "Primania" activity for Primark.
Morris and Tong open agency
Richard Morris, the ex-DDB European director, and Matty Tong, a former planning partner at Devilfish, have launched an agency called Whistlejacket.
Tesco rejigs marketing team
Tesco has named its chief marketing officer, Matt Atkinson, as the chief creative officer and handed Jill Easterbrook the role of chief customer officer as it abolishes the CMO position.
Rihanna poster rapped by ASA
A poster featuring Rihanna that promotes her perfume has been ruled too sexy for children by the Advertising Standards Authority and must not appear again without a placement restriction.
Hoban leaves Thomas Cook
Thomas Cook’s marketing chief, Mike Hoban, is leaving to "pursue other opportunities". Remo Masala will take over all UK marketing responsibility.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London