VW launches UK cinema campaign
Volkswagen pokes fun at its cars for being useless in high-octane action film sequences in a new UK cinema campaign.
The series of ads, created by Adam & Eve/DDB, launches online and across independent cinemas in the UK today (9 June) under the strap line "made for real life, not the movies".
The first ad, called "bus", shows police chasing after a runaway bus in a VW. As the heroes get close to their target, one of them attempts to leap from the VW’s bonnet onto the bus, but is thwarted when the car’s safe distance technology kicks in.
The ads are the idents for VW’s sponsorship of independent cinemas and the "made for real life, not the movies" strapline replaces the "see film differently" theme that VW UK previously used.
The work was created by Nikki Lindman and Toby Brewer, and directed by Paul W S Anderson – who also directed 'Event Horizon' and the 'Resident Evil' series – through MOB Films. The media agency behind the campaign was MediaCom.
Silke Anderson, the communications manager at Volkswagen UK, said: "We challenged Adam & Eve/DDB to make our cars the centre of our long running cinema idents, which they did and more.
"We’re sure that the public will like ‘made for real life' as we much as we do."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London