VW launches UK cinema campaign
Volkswagen pokes fun at its cars for being useless in high-octane action film sequences in a new UK cinema campaign.
The series of ads, created by Adam & Eve/DDB, launches online and across independent cinemas in the UK today (9 June) under the strap line "made for real life, not the movies".
The first ad, called "bus", shows police chasing after a runaway bus in a VW. As the heroes get close to their target, one of them attempts to leap from the VW’s bonnet onto the bus, but is thwarted when the car’s safe distance technology kicks in.
The ads are the idents for VW’s sponsorship of independent cinemas and the "made for real life, not the movies" strapline replaces the "see film differently" theme that VW UK previously used.
The work was created by Nikki Lindman and Toby Brewer, and directed by Paul W S Anderson – who also directed 'Event Horizon' and the 'Resident Evil' series – through MOB Films. The media agency behind the campaign was MediaCom.
Silke Anderson, the communications manager at Volkswagen UK, said: "We challenged Adam & Eve/DDB to make our cars the centre of our long running cinema idents, which they did and more.
"We’re sure that the public will like ‘made for real life' as we much as we do."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...