Nike launches five-minute cartoon ahead of the World Cup
Nike has released a five-minute animation featuring cartoons of some of the biggest names in football as part of its 'Risk Everything' campaign.
The film, called "the last game", was created by Wieden & Kennedy Portland, and tells the tale of a world where footballers have been replaced by passionless clones.
After top players like Wayne Rooney and Zlatan Ibrahimovic – who are all voiced by actors – are reduced to fishing and selling copies of their autobiographies to make ends meet, Brazil’s Ronaldo gathers the players to take on the clones in a winner-takes-all match.
The ad was written by Alberto Ponte, art directed by Ryan O’Rourke and directed by Jon Saunders through Passion.
The five-minute film was released online yesterday and is supported by trailers that will run on TV. The first trailer for the spot will run in the UK on 12 June.
The film is part of Nike’s marketing around the 2014 Fifa World Cup, which begins on Thursday (12 June). Nike is not an official sponsor of the World Cup, unlike its rival Adidas.
Matt Hunnicutt, the global executive producer at Wieden & Kennedy Portland, said about the new ad: "I can’t understate the magnitude of the production.
"Passion, and the entire Nike and W&K team, really poured every ounce of themselves into the project. At the peak we had over 300 people pulling together to make the film."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)