Betway joins the bookies' World Cup ad battle
Betway, the online betting company, has launched its new television campaign, just before the kick off of last night's opening World Cup match between Brazil and Croatia.
The television ads, created by Above & Beyond, will be accompanied by a national press campaign featuring black and white photos of fans shot by Seamus Ryan to tell the story about being a World Cup supporter.
The creative director for the film was David Billing. Michaela Pannese was the art director and Henry Kingston was the copywriter, all from Above & Beyond.
Owen Harris directed the film, through Outsider. Starcom MediaVest Group was the media agency behind the campaign.
The television campaign, called "Betway stories", is comprised of three 30-second narrative-driven spots.
The first ad, "Frank", features a chauffeur to sports stars and promotes Betway’s sub-brand Betway Sports. A live odds variant of the spot will provide odds on the specific game viewers are watching.
The next spot to air will be "Teri", which will promote Betway Vegas on 1 July, followed by "Dan" to promote the casino business on 1 August.
The concept behind all three spots is of the thrill of the Betway journey and the ads feature the company’s refreshed visual identity and brand vision, as well as the trend towards betting on mobiles.
David Billing, founder and creative partner at Above & Beyond, said: "Betway’s huge commitment and investment in re-energising and redefining its brand has given us the opportunity we’ve always dreamed about.
"We’re moving Betway beyond the tonal and stylistic clichés of the category and starting to speak not just about gambling and betting, but about life. Gambling advertising is in its infancy, but we feel that with this campaign, Betway has come of age."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Optimisation Manager / Ad & Campaign Operations Manager UCAS Up to £50,000 plus 30-days annual leave, bonus, flexible benefits & pension, London (Central), London (Greater) / Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)