Paddy Power 'locks up traitor' who bet on Italy in World Cup stunt
Paddy Power has continued its tactical World Cup campaign with a special build billboard featuring a caged "traitor" who had bet on Italy beating England on Saturday.
Paddy Power: runs World Cup 'traitor' stunt
The activity involved locking up the man, called "Tony", in a gibbet (a type of cage used to imprison traitors, murderers, highwaymen, pirates and sheep stealers in the 18th Century) that was hung from a billboard.
The billboard said: "Traitor Tony. Backed Italy with Paddy Power. And made a killing. It’s treason season."
The campaign was created by Joe Bruce and Kate Baker at Crispin Porter & Bogusky.
Paddy Power’s media agency is M2M. The innovations team at Talon Outdoor worked with Clear Channel’s Create division to produce the special build within hours of Italy beating England 2-1.
The special build was designed to complement the bookies’ TV campaign. Paddy Power is also encouraging people to take a photo of themselves with the billboard (a "selfie") and post it on Twitter using the #Brazilnuts.
Anybody want to bag themselves a quick £50 and a nab a selfie with this guy this morning? pic.twitter.com/fowd8FNXnW— Paddy Power (@paddypower) June 16, 2014
This article was first published on Campaignlive.co.uk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire