China: Around the world, creative style
We ask leading creatives from advertising agencies across each of the six continents to tell us about creativity in their culture and supply an image that illustrates their country's creativity at its best. Here we ask Graham Fink, chief creative officer from Ogilvy & Mather China to tell us more.
Graham Fink, chief creative officer, Ogilvy & Mather China
China is a mind-blowing place to live. And it has stories on an unimaginable scale. Look at Jack Ma and Pony Ma, for example: these are not mythical creatures but real-life characters who are changing the way hundreds of millions of people live and behave. They are doing it in highly creative ways too. In China, there is a kind of Wild West ethos on one hand, with the philosophy of a sage on the other. I was reading recently about a Chinese chief executive who runs five companies and she is just 18. What I like about working in this environment is that, for all the difficulties, I have a similar feeling to the one I had at art school. Discovering new things every day and believing almost anything is possible if you go about it in a highly creative way. China is complex, magical, mental, idiosyncratic, crazy, hilarious, serious and contradictory. In fact, it’s bigger than the mind. If you’re a creative, what’s not to like?
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)