China: Around the world, creative style
We ask leading creatives from advertising agencies across each of the six continents to tell us about creativity in their culture and supply an image that illustrates their country's creativity at its best. Here we ask Graham Fink, chief creative officer from Ogilvy & Mather China to tell us more.
Graham Fink, chief creative officer, Ogilvy & Mather China
China is a mind-blowing place to live. And it has stories on an unimaginable scale. Look at Jack Ma and Pony Ma, for example: these are not mythical creatures but real-life characters who are changing the way hundreds of millions of people live and behave. They are doing it in highly creative ways too. In China, there is a kind of Wild West ethos on one hand, with the philosophy of a sage on the other. I was reading recently about a Chinese chief executive who runs five companies and she is just 18. What I like about working in this environment is that, for all the difficulties, I have a similar feeling to the one I had at art school. Discovering new things every day and believing almost anything is possible if you go about it in a highly creative way. China is complex, magical, mental, idiosyncratic, crazy, hilarious, serious and contradictory. In fact, it’s bigger than the mind. If you’re a creative, what’s not to like?
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- SeniorAD or Group Account Director Stopgap £65000 - £75000 per annum, London