Italian World Cup shirt owners get an unpleasant surprise as tops turn German
A "typical" European launderette, an offer to wash people's clothes for free if they've got an Italian football team shirt in the load - what could possibly go wrong?
For the Italian football fans who took up the offer, quite a lot. Media Markt, the German consumer electronics retailer, rigged the washing machines so that they could swap out the distinctive blue Italian shirt for the white uniform worn by Germany’s team.
But all is not lost: just like Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night, the ensuing footage is filled with hilarious encounters caused by mistaken identity, which are neatly resolved with the truth spilling out, everyone forgiving each other and laughing about the mischievous predicament they had found themselves in.
Brand: Media Markt
Agency: Ogilvy & Mather Germany
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)