Italian World Cup shirt owners get an unpleasant surprise as tops turn German
A "typical" European launderette, an offer to wash people's clothes for free if they've got an Italian football team shirt in the load - what could possibly go wrong?
For the Italian football fans who took up the offer, quite a lot. Media Markt, the German consumer electronics retailer, rigged the washing machines so that they could swap out the distinctive blue Italian shirt for the white uniform worn by Germany’s team.
But all is not lost: just like Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night, the ensuing footage is filled with hilarious encounters caused by mistaken identity, which are neatly resolved with the truth spilling out, everyone forgiving each other and laughing about the mischievous predicament they had found themselves in.
Brand: Media Markt
Agency: Ogilvy & Mather Germany
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)