PR Grand Prix goes to Chipotle's 'the scarecrow'
Edelman New York, along with Creative Artists Agency Los Angeles, has won the Grand Prix and a Gold Lion at this year's Cannes Lions for its work on Chipotle Mexican Grill's "the scarecrow" campaign.
Edelman is the first PR agency to win the PR Grand Prix.
The campaign launched in September and includes an animated short and affiliated mobile video game.
Its goal was to notify "a broader audience" about the details of industrial farming, such as processed food, animal confinement, the use of growth hormones, and toxic pesticides, as well as promote alternatives, according to The Scarecrow website.
The campaign was linked to Chipotle’s Food with Integrity initiative, which highlights the Mexican restaurant chain’s commitment to sustainably raised food.
Other PR agencies that took home Gold Lions include: Weber Shandwick Chicago, in association with Droga5 New York, for its work on Honey Maid’s "this is wholesome" campaign; and Be On Stockholm, along with Volvo Trucks Public Relations and Forsman & Bodenfors Gotenburg, for its efforts on Volvo Trucks’ Live Test series.
The UK got three Lions, including Silver for TBWA\London’s "jump store" for Adidas and JWT London for its "Android Kit-Kat" operating system. HSBC London also got a Bronze Lion for "HSBC now" web TV series.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £36,000 - £44,000* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Campaign Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £27,916 - £32,500* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England