London masquerades as Venice in prosecco TV ad
Canti, the prosecco brand, blends scenes from London and Venice in its first UK TV campaign, playing on the idea that a glass of Canti can conjure class, even in England.
The TV campaign, created by Havas Milan, will break during ITV’s ‘Coronation Street’ this evening and will continue to run until the end of the year, in a campaign planned and bought by Arena.
The story begins with a glamorous woman in a gondola wearing an iconic Venetian mask. The viewer's attention is guided along the water to discover that the canals have replaced the streets of London. In the background are views of the Gherkin and The London Eye.
The source of the woman’s enviable experience is then revealed from her Canti-embroidered handbag – a bottle of the Italian wine. In true Venetian fashion, she enjoys a glass of prosecco with a mysterious man on a romantic roof garden at an exclusive party.
At Havas Milan the creative directors and project leaders were Lorenzo Crespi (copy) and Selmi Barissever (art). Sebastien Grousset directed the spot through Mercurio Cinematografica.
Gianni Martini, the owner and chief executive of Canti, said: "The commercial is the fusion of the Italian way of life with the UK. Together Arena and Havas Milan has provided us with a great opportunity to produce some highly impactful and engaging work that we can feel really proud of.
"The media and creative are perfect for our target audience and provide a great platform to deepen audience engagement and leverage the ‘Dolce Vita’ style, with its mood and attitude."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)