London masquerades as Venice in prosecco TV ad
Canti, the prosecco brand, blends scenes from London and Venice in its first UK TV campaign, playing on the idea that a glass of Canti can conjure class, even in England.
The TV campaign, created by Havas Milan, will break during ITV’s ‘Coronation Street’ this evening and will continue to run until the end of the year, in a campaign planned and bought by Arena.
The story begins with a glamorous woman in a gondola wearing an iconic Venetian mask. The viewer's attention is guided along the water to discover that the canals have replaced the streets of London. In the background are views of the Gherkin and The London Eye.
The source of the woman’s enviable experience is then revealed from her Canti-embroidered handbag – a bottle of the Italian wine. In true Venetian fashion, she enjoys a glass of prosecco with a mysterious man on a romantic roof garden at an exclusive party.
At Havas Milan the creative directors and project leaders were Lorenzo Crespi (copy) and Selmi Barissever (art). Sebastien Grousset directed the spot through Mercurio Cinematografica.
Gianni Martini, the owner and chief executive of Canti, said: "The commercial is the fusion of the Italian way of life with the UK. Together Arena and Havas Milan has provided us with a great opportunity to produce some highly impactful and engaging work that we can feel really proud of.
"The media and creative are perfect for our target audience and provide a great platform to deepen audience engagement and leverage the ‘Dolce Vita’ style, with its mood and attitude."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)