Frantic stop-motion madness used in Gif-inspired Fiat 500 films
Robots, men with horse heads, exploding robots, a woman having her skirt lifted by the breeze of a passing car, a man in a fluffy onesie upside-down twerking against a car... these are just a few of the rapid-fire stop-motion Gifs in a series of weird ads for Fiat.
Fiat: weirdness reigns in ads for Fiat 500
The very quirky and borderline-disturbing shorts started life as a series of Gifs for Fiat’s Tumblr page but were so popular with Fiat executives that they were made into TV ads.
It is easy to see why. There’s something rather compelling about a twitchy sequence of a man wearing a horse’s head repeatedly removing his shades and thrusting his head at the viewer to the accompaniment of some suitably in-your-face tune.
"More space, more fun" says one execution, ending with the campaign line, "Endless fun".
Consumers will also be asked to take part and create their own whacky montages under the hashtag #MyFiatUSA, with the best ones being posted on Fiat’s Tumblr page.
Client: Olivier Francois, chief marketing officer, Chrysler
Brand: Fiat 500
Agency: The Richards Group
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...