UK second-highest shortlisted in Film Lions category
UK agencies have a total of 31 shortlisted entries in the Film Lions category at this year's Cannes festival, the second-highest total after the USA.
Adam & Eve/DDB: 'parachute' for Volkswagen Golf
Adam & Eve/DDB London leads the way for UK agencies, with eight entries shortlisted, including its "parachute" and "rope" ads for Volkswagen, as well as work on the Harvey Nichols "sorry, I spent it on myself" Christmas campaign.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO has five entries on the shortlist, including its work for the Metropolitan Police and for Diageo’s Guinness brand.
Grey London, Mother and Wieden+Kennedy London have two entries apiece shortlisted for work with Schwartz, Halfords and Honda UK respectively.
Other UK agencies in the running for an award include BBH London, for its work with Waitrose, VCCP London for its "be more dog" campaign for O2, and PHD London for its work with Warner Bros.
The USA has the highest number of entries in the Film Lions category, with 96 for judges to consider, followed by the UK and then Argentina with 23 entries
Last year, UK agencies had 51 entries shortlisted in the Film Lions category and took home 22 Lions.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)