Narrative techniques utmost in digital revolution, says O&M's Miles Young
Storytelling and content are the two major themes of importance to adland's post-digital revolution, according to Ogilvy & Mather global chief executive Miles Young.
aking exclusively to Campaign at Cannes, Young said: "As we start to grapple with the longer term implications of the digital revolution, it’s clear that narrative techniques are very important and not given enough understanding.
"Another theme is the importance of content. An awful lot of what comes to Cannes now is difficult to define in terms of the traditional categories, and I think there’s a big debate now about what content actually is."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Digital Executive Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)