Narrative techniques utmost in digital revolution, says O&M's Miles Young
Storytelling and content are the two major themes of importance to adland's post-digital revolution, according to Ogilvy & Mather global chief executive Miles Young.
aking exclusively to Campaign at Cannes, Young said: "As we start to grapple with the longer term implications of the digital revolution, it’s clear that narrative techniques are very important and not given enough understanding.
"Another theme is the importance of content. An awful lot of what comes to Cannes now is difficult to define in terms of the traditional categories, and I think there’s a big debate now about what content actually is."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Account Director - Integrated / [CARS] - Global Agency - to £55k pending experience Fill Recruitment to £55k plus superb benefits, London (Greater)
- PLANNING ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR - GLOBAL SOFT DRINKS BRAND Ultimate Asset £50000 - £60000 per annum, London