Narrative techniques utmost in digital revolution, says O&M's Miles Young
Storytelling and content are the two major themes of importance to adland's post-digital revolution, according to Ogilvy & Mather global chief executive Miles Young.
aking exclusively to Campaign at Cannes, Young said: "As we start to grapple with the longer term implications of the digital revolution, it’s clear that narrative techniques are very important and not given enough understanding.
"Another theme is the importance of content. An awful lot of what comes to Cannes now is difficult to define in terms of the traditional categories, and I think there’s a big debate now about what content actually is."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)