UK wins five golds in Film Craft Lions
UK agencies walked away with 17 Film Craft Lions, including five golds, five silvers and seven bronzes at this year's Cannes Lions, more than half the 30 awards they were shortlisted for.
However, the jury decided not to award a Grand Prix to any of this year’s entries in Film Craft.
Wieden & Kennedy’s work for Arla Foods’ Lurpak won three gold Lions. Blink Productions and W&K took home two gold Lions for their work on Lurpak "cook’s range", while W&K and Wave Studios won gold for "adventure awaits".
W&K also won for its "hands" ad for Honda, picking up a silver Lion with Factory London and another with Nexus Productions.
Mcgarrybowen London’s work on the "Honda illusions" ad earned it a gold and a bronze Lion on Saturday night.
The final UK gold went to MPC London, with Sid Lee Paris, for "defy" for Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag from the video game manufacturer Ubisoft.
Grey London took home a silver Lion for "Schwartz – the sound of taste" for Schwartz.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO won three bronze Lions for its work on the "sapeurs" for Diageo's Guinness.
Agencies from the USA converted 50 of their 69 shortlisted entries into awards and were the biggest winners on the night, taking home ten gold Lions, among other trophies.
Last year, UK agencies took home 11 awards in Film Craft, including the Grand Prix.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire