WPP executive Read named global chairman of Wunderman
Mark Read, the chief executive of WPP Digital, has been appointed to the additional role of global chairman of Wunderman.
Read: adds to existing remit
Read joins the WPP digital and direct network’s global board and will work with Daniel Morel, the chief executive who was previously also the chairman.
Read will work to develop Wunderman’s relationship with digital and technology and deepen relationships with media owners such as Twitter.
The move follows Wunderman’s loss of a significant portion of the Microsoft global digital advertising business. Microsoft awarded its creative account to Interpublic in April after a three-month pitch.
A WPP spokesman denied that there was any connection between Read’s new role and the loss of part of Wunderman’s Microsoft business. The spokesman said: "Mark brings a wealth of knowledge in digital and technology to the role, and will work closely with Daniel Morel to further develop this aspect of Wunderman’s business. He will also help strengthen the company’s ties with WPP’s new media partners."
Read heads WPP’s digital arm and is also a director of CHI & Partners. He is one of three executive directors on the WPP board alongside the chief executive, Sir Martin Sorrell, and the finance director, Paul Richardson.
Read worked at WPP in a previous stint between 1989 and 1995, and returned in 2002. He spent the intervening years as a principal at the consultancy Booz Allen Hamilton and founding the online loyalty company WebRewards in the UK.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)