Pitch update: Somersby, Sport England, Odeon, Hertz
Now, where were we? Ah, of course - new business.
Somersby: three on the shortlist
Things are starting to return to normal after advertising’s grand vacances – the Carlsberg cider brand Somersby has shortlisted the incumbent, Fold7, McCann London and The Marketing Store to proceed in the pitch for its £10 million advertising account. Fold7 launched the brand last year with a campaign that played on puns of modern technology – whether it will continue to go down this creative route(r) is unclear.
A few creative pitches have also reached resolution – and we’re looking at you now, BMW and Virgin Atlantic – with Sport England hiring FCB Inferno to create a campaign encouraging more women to take part in sport. FCB Inferno saw off competition from DLKW Lowe in the final round of a review handled by the Crown Commercial Service.
There was also good news for Stephen Maher on his return from the south of France – MBA has won Odeon’s digital and direct account after a competitive pitch against two other agencies. The process was handled by Creativebrief.
But for every winner, there’s also a loser – Initiative has lost its long-standing Hertz client after its media business moved to Mindshare.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)