Diary: Campaign's fun in the sun at Cannes 2014
As the sun set over the French Riviera, the industry's elite gathered at the Carlton Beach for the annual Campaign party.
Quote of the week
“We now know that he put his relationship with Rupert Murdoch ahead of doing the right thing when it came to Andy Coulson.”
The Labour leader, Ed Miliband, reacts to David Cameron's decision to employ Coulson, who was found guilty of conspiring to hack phones
In true "Brits abroad" fashion, the national stereotype was lived up to (evident in this pic of Simon Daglish skulling a lager, to the amusement of Andy Jones). Elsewhere, an overexcited Mark Boyd managed to throw red wine all over Rick Hirst, ruining his shirt and natty suede brogues.
But amid the bravado, there were tender moments too. Keith Weed showed guests messages from celebs for his daughter whose birthday he missed while at the event. It’s a great business, isn’t it?
Adam & Eve/DDB strike gold
There were so many Lions knocking about that James Murphy and Ben Priest (below) even let two of the creatives responsible, Richard Brim and Daniel Fisher, grab one...
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Director Illustrated London News Ltd. Depending on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive, Acquisition - The Times & Sunday Times News UK Competitive, London