L'Oréal and Channel 4 end trading dispute
L'Oréal and Channel 4 have resolved their six-month trading dispute that has kept L'Oréal ads off all Channel 4 and UKTV channels in 2014.
L’Oréal: ads have been off Channel 4 and UKTV so far this year
L’Oréal’s media agency, Maxus, had failed to reach a 2014 trading agreement with C4, which handles its own sales as well as that of BT Sport and UKTV, which owns channels including Dave and Gold.
Following the resolution, L’Oréal ads will be back on C4 and UKTV channels from July. C4 had continued to trade with Maxus for other clients during the dispute.
L’Oréal spent £15.9 million with C4’s sales team in 2013, according to Nielsen.
C4 and Maxus declined to comment.
In a separate development, C4 has announced the upgrade of its 4oD service on mobile. Users can now watch videos on 3G and 4G and view short-form content in a new "shorts hub".
The first three mini-series are sponsored by Rimmel London, British Gas and Alfa Romeo.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London