BrewDog's 'Vote Sepp' beer crafted to persuade Fifa to let Scotland host next World Cup
BrewDog has crafted a beer called Vote Sepp, which the brand intends to use to "convince" Fifa president Sepp Blatter to select Scotland as host for the 2022 World Cup.
BrewDog: unveils its Vote Sepp craft beer
The brand said that following accusations of corruption and bribery within Fifa, the demonstrations in Brazil about the World Cup, and the questions that have arisen around Qatar's suitability to host the tournament, BrewDog's new beer takes the opportunity to offer Scotland as an alternative to Qatar and "sweeten the deal for Fifa officials at the same time".
Scotland is the home of BrewDog, and the brand has declared its latest beer will be served from brown envelopes in BrewDog bars, with the brewer "keeping a tight lid on where profits will go".
The Vote Sepp label features a picture of Blatter in the style of the Barack Obama 2008 campaign posters, and claims that the beer is "best served from brown envelopes to aid drinking with greased palms".
Blatter is expected to have already received a case of the Vote Sepp beer, which was sent to his residence in Zurich, along with an invitation to discuss BrewDog's proposition at its recently opened bar in São Paulo.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)