Stella Artois Wimbledon short tells tale of pigeon-hunting Rufus
Wimbledon's pigeon-scaring hawk Rufus stars in a two-minute film for beer brand and tournament sponsor Stella Artois.
Stella Artois: produced a two-minute film about Rufus the pigeon-scaring hawk
"Perfectionists: Rufus - The Real Hawk-Eye" features a voiceover told from the point-of-view of the bird of prey.
"For years, Wimbledon was interrupted by unwanted visitors" explains the ad, before the viewer is shown archive footage of pigeons invading the court and stopping play. "Until 2000," continues the voiceover.
"I’ve been a member of Wimbledon security for 14 years," Rufus tells viewers, with a large dash of artistic licence - Rufus is only six years old and replaced previous incumbent Hamish just five years ago.
"Stella Artois," reads the end-copy. "As served at Wimbledon."
Brand: Stella Artois
Agency: Mother London
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)