Stella Artois Wimbledon short tells tale of pigeon-hunting Rufus
Wimbledon's pigeon-scaring hawk Rufus stars in a two-minute film for beer brand and tournament sponsor Stella Artois.
Stella Artois: produced a two-minute film about Rufus the pigeon-scaring hawk
"Perfectionists: Rufus - The Real Hawk-Eye" features a voiceover told from the point-of-view of the bird of prey.
"For years, Wimbledon was interrupted by unwanted visitors" explains the ad, before the viewer is shown archive footage of pigeons invading the court and stopping play. "Until 2000," continues the voiceover.
"I’ve been a member of Wimbledon security for 14 years," Rufus tells viewers, with a large dash of artistic licence - Rufus is only six years old and replaced previous incumbent Hamish just five years ago.
"Stella Artois," reads the end-copy. "As served at Wimbledon."
Brand: Stella Artois
Agency: Mother London
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)