M&S expands top marketing role to help business 'move with pace, simplicity and speed'
Marks & Spencer has announced a raft of changes to its board, with the retailer bringing its international business under the remit of its marketing chief, Patrick Bousquet-Chavanne, in its plan to become "fit for the future of retail".
Patrick Bousquet-Chavanne: executive director of marketing and business development at M&S
The changes, which aim to accelerate M&S’s global brand position, will see the international business report directly to Bousquet-Chavanne, M&S’s executive director of marketing and business development.
Costas Antimissaris, currently M&S’s business development director, international, has become the international director, and will report directly to Bousquet-Chavanne.
Laura Wade-Gery, the executive director of multi-channel, who oversaw the launch of M&S’s long-awaited £150m new website this year, will now take on responsibility for the brand’s UK retail business, in addition to her current M&S.com remit to "ensure one view of the customer". Retail director Sacha Berendji will report into Wade-Gery.
Marc Bolland, M&S chief executive, said: "Over the last three years, we have worked hard to transform M&S into an international, multi-channel retailer that is fit for the future of retail.
"We now have the right infrastructure in place to take our business forward, and as we enter the next phase of our plan, we need to make sure our team structures and internal processes allow us to move with pace, simplicity and speed."
M&S said it has developed four core values built on the "founding principles that have guided M&S’s business over the last 130 years".
They are designed to support the brand’s new customer promise of "Enhancing lives. Every day" and consist of inspiration, innovation, integrity and in-touch.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £36,000 - £44,000* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Campaign Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £27,916 - £32,500* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England