EBay rolls out Click & Collect to further 500 Argos stores
EBay is rolling out its Click & Collect service across 650 Argos stores and opening it to 65,000 sellers by the end of 2014, less than a year after it announced a trial of the service.
EBay: a collection point at an Argos store
The online auction site said the trial has proved so successful that it hopes to offer its collection service to more than 80,000 sellers in 2015.
The Click & Collect partnership was announced last September and enabled 50 eBay sellers to offer buyers product collection at 150 Argos stores.
Buyers who want to use the service must select "Click & Collect at Argos" in the delivery option section of the checkout page and select the most convenient Argos store. Buyers will then receive a message when their purchase is ready for collection.
Eligible sellers will be enrolled in the service, eBay said, "and simply need to prepare orders for despatch as normal with eBay’s technology taking care of the rest".
Tanya Lawler, eBay’s UK vice-president, said: "Retail has changed and shoppers are in the driving seat like never before. They want to shop anytime, anywhere, on any device and British shoppers love to Click & Collect.
"It’s a service being rapidly adopted by larger retailers and this partnership with Argos now gives tens of thousands of sellers the chance to capitalise on Click & Collect, even if they have no high street presence of their own."
David Robinson, Argos’s chief operating officer, said: "The next stage in the agreement is to have more sellers, more stores and more volume to assess how we can scale this partnership for the benefit of consumers, Argos and eBay.
"Fulfilment is the next retail battleground and Argos’ unique model is well placed to leverage this."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)