Cristiano Ronaldo launches CR7 fashion range and website
Cristiano Ronaldo has launched a new fashion website under his CR7 brand, with the Portuguese footballer adding a line of shirts to his underwear range launched last year.
The Real Madrid star will today unveil a "premium" range of shirts at the Bread & Butter fashion exhibition in Berlin, alongside an international brand website, CR7shirts.com. They will go on sale in retail stores later this year.
The shirts, created by New York-based designer Richard Chai, are the latest phase of Ronaldo’s partnership with Danish manufacturer JBS Textile Group, which launched the footballer’s underwear range last year.
Fellow former Manchester United player David Beckham rolled out his own underwear range in partnership with retailer H&M in 2012.
Designer Chai said: "The CR7 shirt collection concept shares the core ideas of the underwear collection, based on form, function and style. We used the idea of mobility as the creative centre. Ronaldo is best known for the way he moves on the pitch and we wanted to create a perfect collection of shirts for the active man."
Ronaldo added: "For me, a strong foundation is the most important thing throughout every area of my life. In my sporting life, a strong foundation enables me to perform at my very best and I apply the same principle to my personal life, business life and the way I dress.
"Dressing well gives me confidence to be the best that I can be and underwear with a great fit and modern, stylish shirts are the starting point of every look."
Portugal captain Ronaldo was the face of World Cup marketing campaigns for brands such as Nike, Samsung and Emirates, but endured a disappointing tournament, scoring only once as the team were eliminated in the group stage.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)