Behind the scenes: Imperial War Museum's touching WWI ad
Did you know that the first Imperial War Museum (IWM) was founded in 1917, while the First World War was still being fought?
Penny Hamilton, the head of brand and marketing at IWM, discusses the museum’s origins in the video above, detailing how the new animated ad promoting the launch of the WWI galleries was made.
Paul Domenet, the executive creative director at Johnny Fearless – the agency behind the campaign – and Darren Dubicki, a director at Aardman, also talk about how the spot, called "flight of the stories", was crafted.
The campaign launched yesterday and promotes IWM’s First World War Galleries, which open on 19 July, commemorating the centenary of the conflict.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)