Behind the scenes: Imperial War Museum's touching WWI ad
Did you know that the first Imperial War Museum (IWM) was founded in 1917, while the First World War was still being fought?
Penny Hamilton, the head of brand and marketing at IWM, discusses the museum’s origins in the video above, detailing how the new animated ad promoting the launch of the WWI galleries was made.
Paul Domenet, the executive creative director at Johnny Fearless – the agency behind the campaign – and Darren Dubicki, a director at Aardman, also talk about how the spot, called "flight of the stories", was crafted.
The campaign launched yesterday and promotes IWM’s First World War Galleries, which open on 19 July, commemorating the centenary of the conflict.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)