Behind the scenes: Imperial War Museum's touching WWI ad
Did you know that the first Imperial War Museum (IWM) was founded in 1917, while the First World War was still being fought?
Penny Hamilton, the head of brand and marketing at IWM, discusses the museum’s origins in the video above, detailing how the new animated ad promoting the launch of the WWI galleries was made.
Paul Domenet, the executive creative director at Johnny Fearless – the agency behind the campaign – and Darren Dubicki, a director at Aardman, also talk about how the spot, called "flight of the stories", was crafted.
The campaign launched yesterday and promotes IWM’s First World War Galleries, which open on 19 July, commemorating the centenary of the conflict.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...