Lego's partnership with Shell 'not awesome', according to Greenpeace viral
Lego lovers be warned - the typically idyllic scene at the beginning of this video is not as it seems. Prepare to watch the happy toy characters drowned by a rising tide of oil, overseen by a cigar-puffing Shell executive.
The film is the latest phase in Greenpeace’s campaign to get Lego to end its ties with Shell, after the Danish toymaker released a statement defending its association with the brand last week.
The ad features a solemn cover version of the theme song from the recent Lego movie, ‘Everything is Awesome’.
Client: Mel Evans, Arctic campaigner, Greenpeace
Agency: Don’t Panic
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Optimisation Manager / Ad & Campaign Operations Manager UCAS Up to £50,000 plus 30-days annual leave, bonus, flexible benefits & pension, London (Central), London (Greater) / Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)