Lego's partnership with Shell 'not awesome', according to Greenpeace viral
Lego lovers be warned - the typically idyllic scene at the beginning of this video is not as it seems. Prepare to watch the happy toy characters drowned by a rising tide of oil, overseen by a cigar-puffing Shell executive.
The film is the latest phase in Greenpeace’s campaign to get Lego to end its ties with Shell, after the Danish toymaker released a statement defending its association with the brand last week.
The ad features a solemn cover version of the theme song from the recent Lego movie, ‘Everything is Awesome’.
Client: Mel Evans, Arctic campaigner, Greenpeace
Agency: Don’t Panic
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)