Lego's partnership with Shell 'not awesome', according to Greenpeace viral
Lego lovers be warned - the typically idyllic scene at the beginning of this video is not as it seems. Prepare to watch the happy toy characters drowned by a rising tide of oil, overseen by a cigar-puffing Shell executive.
The film is the latest phase in Greenpeace’s campaign to get Lego to end its ties with Shell, after the Danish toymaker released a statement defending its association with the brand last week.
The ad features a solemn cover version of the theme song from the recent Lego movie, ‘Everything is Awesome’.
Client: Mel Evans, Arctic campaigner, Greenpeace
Agency: Don’t Panic
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London