Ritz returns to UK TV screens after 30-year hiatus
Ritz Crackers is returning to the UK's TV screens for the first time in 30 years with a £3m marketing campaign promoting its new Ritz Breaks product.
The TV return, news of which broke in March, breaks on Monday 14 July, with the ad running for six weeks. It will be supported by out-of-home, sampling, in-store, PR and social media activity.
Ritz Breaks are an on-the-go snack aimed at millennials who "live life to the full", parent company Mondelez said. They are available in two flavours – Original Ritz and Rosemary & Olive Oil – and come in packs of five biscuits made of three full-size crackers that can be snapped off.
Kate Wall, Mondelez’s senior brand manager for Ritz, said: "The Ritz Breaks campaign is a big step in Mondelez’s drive to shake up the savoury snacking category. It will introduce Ritz to a new generation who are creating new snacking occasions and seeking snacking experiences that fit into their busy lives.
"This is just the start for the brand. We’ve got more exciting innovations planned over the next 12 months to make Ritz relevant to a younger audience."
The new work follows Mondelez's unlikely product combination of Cadbury Dairy Milk and Ritz, which was set to "revolutionise" the snacking occasion, supported by a £7.5m ad campaign.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London