Tony Quinn exits Publicis London
Tony Quinn, the chief strategy officer at Publicis London, has left the agency after less than two years in the role.
Quinn: joined Publicis in 2012 after a 12-month period of gardening leave from JWT London
Quinn has quit without a job to go to after a period of compassionate leave. The agency has not yet decided whether to replace him and the planning department will now be run by the joint heads of planning, Ian MacDonald and Kari Freeburn.
Dylan Williams, the global chief strategy and innovation officer at Publicis Worldwide, who joined from Mother in January, is also expected to assist with the transition.
Quinn joined Publicis in November 2012 after 12 months of gardening leave from JWT London, where he held the same role. He replaced Tom Morton, who left in May 2012 to take the same position at Euro RSCG New York (now Havas Worldwide New York).
The hiring of Quinn was part of a management revamp introduced by Publicis’ chief executive, Karen Buchanan, that also included Andy Bird, who joined as the executive creative director from Ogilvy & Mather, prompting the departure of Adam Kean.
Quinn had worked at JWT since 2008, overseeing brands including Aero, Timotei and Andrex. Before that, he spent ten years at Leagas Delaney and also worked client-side at Bacardi.
In September 2013, the Publicis UK chairman and chief executive, Nigel Jones, departed the agency after five years to join DraftFCB. He was replaced earlier this year by the former AKQA vice-president Guy Wieynk.
When Wieynk starts in January 2015, he will have a remit that includes Publicis London, Poke, Publicis Chemistry and Publicis Blueprint, as well as the Nordics.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Agile Programme Manager - Games / Mobile / software development Digital Gurus £55000 - £72000 Per Annum, London