Ex-Thomas Cook marketer Mike Hoban resurfaces at Morrisons
Mike Hoban, the ex-Thomas Cook, Confused.com and Scottish Widows marketer, has joined Morrisons as the supermarket's brand and communications director.
Mike Hoban: joins Morrisons as brand and communications director
Hoban left Thomas Cook in May to "pursue other opportunities" after only 18 months in the role.
In his time at Thomas Cook, Hoban oversaw the overhaul of the tour operator’s brand identity, with the introduction of its "sunny heart" logo, with a new strapline, "Let’s Go!"
At Morrison’s, Hoban will assume responsibility for brand identity and external marketing, reporting to Nick Collard, the marketing and customer director.
Collard said that Hoban would be tasked with communicating Morrison’s "sharpened value and our amazing fresh food offer".
Morrisons introduced its "Love it cheaper" strategy in May, positioning itself as a lower-priced retailer in its effort to regain market share from the likes of Lidl and Aldi.
But days later, the supermarket reported a dramatic drop in like-for-like sales in its first quarter.
The reported 7.1% drop in sales placed further pressure on the retailer’s strategy, which includes investing £1bn in cutting prices and improving products over the next three years in a bid to re-establish itself as a "value-led grocer with a focus on fresh food".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire