Ex-Thomas Cook marketer Mike Hoban resurfaces at Morrisons
Mike Hoban, the ex-Thomas Cook, Confused.com and Scottish Widows marketer, has joined Morrisons as the supermarket's brand and communications director.
Mike Hoban: joins Morrisons as brand and communications director
Hoban left Thomas Cook in May to "pursue other opportunities" after only 18 months in the role.
In his time at Thomas Cook, Hoban oversaw the overhaul of the tour operator’s brand identity, with the introduction of its "sunny heart" logo, with a new strapline, "Let’s Go!"
At Morrison’s, Hoban will assume responsibility for brand identity and external marketing, reporting to Nick Collard, the marketing and customer director.
Collard said that Hoban would be tasked with communicating Morrison’s "sharpened value and our amazing fresh food offer".
Morrisons introduced its "Love it cheaper" strategy in May, positioning itself as a lower-priced retailer in its effort to regain market share from the likes of Lidl and Aldi.
But days later, the supermarket reported a dramatic drop in like-for-like sales in its first quarter.
The reported 7.1% drop in sales placed further pressure on the retailer’s strategy, which includes investing £1bn in cutting prices and improving products over the next three years in a bid to re-establish itself as a "value-led grocer with a focus on fresh food".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London