TfL targets road rage with emotive campaign
Transport for London has unveiled a major behavioural change campaign to try and get people in the capital to be more considerate of each other when they are on the roads.
The TV ad, which launched on Friday evening during ‘Coronation Street’, shows black and white footage of confrontations on London roads, set to a narrator asking why Londoners get angry with each other.
The copywriter at M&C Saatchi was Dan McCormack and the art director was Luke Boggins. Yann Demange directed the spot through Stink.
Online, the campaign will include display, video on demand, social and mobile in a bid to prompt conversations about the topic. The media agency was by MEC.
— Transport for London (@TfLOfficial) July 11, 2014
Chris Macleod, the marketing director at Transport for London, said: "Since the range and type of road users has grown over the years, we wanted to engage all of London’s travellers to make them stop and think.
"This campaign, with its different elements, should resonate personally with all individual road users and encourage them to ‘share the road’ not to compete for it."
It is the first time TfL has run a campaign targetting the attitudes of road users.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)