Adidas and Nike both claim real-time World Cup marketing success
German sports brand Adidas has claimed a victory both on and off the pitch in the 2014 World Cup for its real-time marketing campaign, 'All in or nothing', but Nike has declared itself a winner, too.
Adidas claims it is the most-talked about brand related to the FIFA World Cup, with a total of 1.59 mentions within online conversations related to the tournament.
Its 38m video views made Adidas the most-viewed sports brand in YouTube, based on videos published during the tournament period.
The brand also claimed it had the fastest growing football community in social media, with an increase of 14.5%, while Adidas claims its #allin was the most used brand hashtag on Twitter during the period.
Nike however, said that based on the two teams it had in the semi-finals, Brazil and Netherlands, it had a 52% score of the pitch, based on minutes played, versus a 38% score for Adidas.
The brand claimed it scored 72 goals against Adidas’s 68, while its ‘Risk Everything’ campaign clocked up a massive 394.6m total film views since the launch of the campaign, with 23.05 total film engagements.
Separately, Facebook has claimed that last night's final between Germany and Argentina was the most talked-about sports event in the social network's history. Facebook reported 280m global mentions of the World Cup final, beating the previous highest of 245m set during the Super Bowl in 2013.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)