Industry boosted by rising adspend
Main media advertising and internet marketing are driving the continued rise in marketing budgets, according to the latest IPA Bellwether Report.
IPA Bellwether Report: longest period of continuous growth in its history
A net balance of 11.5 per cent of companies said they had increased their main media advertising budgets (which include TV, mobile film, press, radio, cinema, outdoor and some online channels) during the second quarter of 2014. Meanwhile, internet marketing reported the biggest net balance of 14.7 per cent.
Marketing budgets have been revised upwards for the seventh successive quarter, the longest period of continuous growth in the report’s history.
A net balance of 15.2 per cent of companies said they had increased budgets during Q2. Although down on the Q1 survey record of 20.4 per cent, it is the second-highest figure recorded in 14 years.
The study calculates the net balance by subtracting the percentage of companies reporting a downward revision from those registering an upward one.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London