Heineken app answers the perennial question on a night out - @wherenext?
Wandering the streets of London or New York unsure where to head for a drink, meal or dance? Don't fret, tweet "@wherenext" with your location and unlock info on all the events in your vicinity, using technology powered by the next phase of Heineken's "Open Your City" campaign.
Heineken: Where's the party at? Tweet @wherenext
The @wherenext platform enables users to discover venues that are trending across social networks, using an algorithm that analyses data from media including Foursquare, Twitter and Instagram.
After typing "@wherenext" and their location, users are presented with a number of options and a link to a mobile site carrying images and reviews.
Here's a video showing people using the app have lots of fun.
Heineken's 'Open Your City' kicked off earlier this month with a six-month partnership with Metro entitled 'London Unlocked'.
Client: Paul Smailes, global head of digital, Heineken
Agency: R/GA London
Creatives: George Prest, James Temple, Chris Williams
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)