Heineken app answers the perennial question on a night out - @wherenext?
Wandering the streets of London or New York unsure where to head for a drink, meal or dance? Don't fret, tweet "@wherenext" with your location and unlock info on all the events in your vicinity, using technology powered by the next phase of Heineken's "Open Your City" campaign.
Heineken: Where's the party at? Tweet @wherenext
The @wherenext platform enables users to discover venues that are trending across social networks, using an algorithm that analyses data from media including Foursquare, Twitter and Instagram.
After typing "@wherenext" and their location, users are presented with a number of options and a link to a mobile site carrying images and reviews.
Here's a video showing people using the app have lots of fun.
Heineken's 'Open Your City' kicked off earlier this month with a six-month partnership with Metro entitled 'London Unlocked'.
Client: Paul Smailes, global head of digital, Heineken
Agency: R/GA London
Creatives: George Prest, James Temple, Chris Williams
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)