Watch: Claire Enders on Time Warner/21st Century Fox
Claire Enders, the chief executive of Enders Analysis, has predicted that the formation of Sky Europe is a 'full-blown conclusion' following Time Warner's rejection of Rupert Murdoch's $80 billion (£46.7 billion) takeover offer.
Claire Enders: interviewed on CNN
In an interview with CNN, Enders said Time Warner's rejection of the takeover offer from Rupert Murdoch's 21st Century Fox means it is a "full-blown conclusion that Sky Europe will be formed."
Enders said it would happen after BSkyB buys Sky Italia and the 56 per cent in Sky Deutschland that Fox also owns.
In May, BSkyB confirmed its interest in buying the Sky broadcasting companies in Germany and Italy, which are majority owned by 21st Century Fox.
21st Century Fox, which was spun out of News Corporation last year, owns 39.1 per cent of BSkyB. Murdoch is the chairman and chief executive of 21st Century Fox and his family control 40 per cent of the company’s voting shares.
Watch the full interview below.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Partnership Manager Movember Competitive, Clerkenwell, London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London