Watch: Claire Enders on Time Warner/21st Century Fox
Claire Enders, the chief executive of Enders Analysis, has predicted that the formation of Sky Europe is a 'full-blown conclusion' following Time Warner's rejection of Rupert Murdoch's $80 billion (£46.7 billion) takeover offer.
Claire Enders: interviewed on CNN
In an interview with CNN, Enders said Time Warner's rejection of the takeover offer from Rupert Murdoch's 21st Century Fox means it is a "full-blown conclusion that Sky Europe will be formed."
Enders said it would happen after BSkyB buys Sky Italia and the 56 per cent in Sky Deutschland that Fox also owns.
In May, BSkyB confirmed its interest in buying the Sky broadcasting companies in Germany and Italy, which are majority owned by 21st Century Fox.
21st Century Fox, which was spun out of News Corporation last year, owns 39.1 per cent of BSkyB. Murdoch is the chairman and chief executive of 21st Century Fox and his family control 40 per cent of the company’s voting shares.
Watch the full interview below.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)