Embattled Future sells another magazine brand
Future Publishing has continued the disposal of its titles following the raid on the ailing publisher in May by Immediate Media, transferring lifestyle magazine The Simple Things to independent publisher Iceberg Press.
The Simple Things: moves to independent publisher Iceberg Press
The magazine will be Iceberg Press' first magazine brand. No one at Iceberg would comment on the terms of the deal.
Iceberg Press has been co-founded by former Hearst Magazines UK executives Guy Foreman, David Parker and Lisa Sykes, who will edit the title. The trio previously worked on Hearst's Country Living, Good Housekeeping and Prima.
Parker said: "We aim to bridge a gap, bringing the spirit and creativity of the independent publishing scene to a wider audience, using the skills and knowledge we have gained working for some of the world's biggest publishing companies."
The publisher has been trying to stabilise its business following a profit warning in March, which sent Future shares tumbling by as much as 35 per cent.
Immediate Media, which publishes titles including Radio Times and BBC Good Food Magazine, bought several Future brands including the website Cycling News and the craft publications Mollie Makes, Simply Crochet and Simply Knitting.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)