Omnicom promotes Peter Sherman to lead innovation and collaboration
Peter Sherman, an executive vice president at Omnicom, has been appointed as the holding group's executive vice president for innovation and cross-agency collaboration.
Peter Sherman: an executive vice president at Omnicom
Sherman replaces Troy Ruhanen who left the role to become the president and chief executive of Omnicom’s agency TBWA Worldwide, in what John Wren, the Omnicom chief executive, said was a "seamless leadership transition".
In his new role, which he has already taken up, Sherman takes responsibility for driving innovation and cross-agency collaboration for Omnicom’s largest clients.
He rejoined Omnicom in March as an executive vice president, after serving as North America chief executive of WPP’s JWT for eight months.
Sherman is a seasoned Omnicom executive, and spent over a decade at the holding group’s BBDO creative network before joining JWT.
He held roles including executive vice president and managing director of BBDO Europe where he led 35 BBDO offices in 18 countries.
He was also managing director of BBDO West in San Francisco for nearly five years, and was at BBDO New York for eight years before that, rising to executive vice president and senior account director.
Wren, whose full title is president and chief executive of Omnicom, said: "Cross-agency and discipline collaboration is 'the new normal' for many, if not most, of our large multinational clients.
"Peter's knowledge of Omnicom and his experience managing some of BBDO's largest clients in multiple categories makes this a seamless leadership transition."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)