Apple's MacBook Air 'Stickers' TV spot celebrates love and customisation
'Breaking Bad's Walter White, Wonder Woman, Snow White, Space Invaders, Homer Simpson, Saturn, Hello Kitty and Pac-Man are among the myriad pop-culture references flashed briefly before the eyes of viewers in a frantic ad for Apple.
Apple ad: Walter White is one of the many images used to customise consumers' MacBooks
The various characters and concepts are depicted using a variety of real-life stickers applied to the aluminium casings of MacBook Air laptops, often using the white Apple logo at its centre as part of the illustration. Each image is shown for a fraction of a second, before the film moves on to the next, in stop-motion style.
The hypnotic montage is punctuated aptly by the syncopated electronica of Scottish musician Hudson Mohawke.
"The notebook people love," states the endline of the 30-second spot.
Brand: MacBook Air
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- London Cluster Partnerships Manager The London Eye £37,000 per annum (pro rata), London
- Activation Executive (Contract) Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment To £30,000 plus benefits, London (Greater)