Apple's MacBook Air 'Stickers' TV spot celebrates love and customisation
'Breaking Bad's Walter White, Wonder Woman, Snow White, Space Invaders, Homer Simpson, Saturn, Hello Kitty and Pac-Man are among the myriad pop-culture references flashed briefly before the eyes of viewers in a frantic ad for Apple.
Apple ad: Walter White is one of the many images used to customise consumers' MacBooks
The various characters and concepts are depicted using a variety of real-life stickers applied to the aluminium casings of MacBook Air laptops, often using the white Apple logo at its centre as part of the illustration. Each image is shown for a fraction of a second, before the film moves on to the next, in stop-motion style.
The hypnotic montage is punctuated aptly by the syncopated electronica of Scottish musician Hudson Mohawke.
"The notebook people love," states the endline of the 30-second spot.
Brand: MacBook Air
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)