Apple's MacBook Air 'Stickers' TV spot celebrates love and customisation
'Breaking Bad's Walter White, Wonder Woman, Snow White, Space Invaders, Homer Simpson, Saturn, Hello Kitty and Pac-Man are among the myriad pop-culture references flashed briefly before the eyes of viewers in a frantic ad for Apple.
Apple ad: Walter White is one of the many images used to customise consumers' MacBooks
The various characters and concepts are depicted using a variety of real-life stickers applied to the aluminium casings of MacBook Air laptops, often using the white Apple logo at its centre as part of the illustration. Each image is shown for a fraction of a second, before the film moves on to the next, in stop-motion style.
The hypnotic montage is punctuated aptly by the syncopated electronica of Scottish musician Hudson Mohawke.
"The notebook people love," states the endline of the 30-second spot.
Brand: MacBook Air
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)