Apple's MacBook Air 'Stickers' TV spot celebrates love and customisation
'Breaking Bad's Walter White, Wonder Woman, Snow White, Space Invaders, Homer Simpson, Saturn, Hello Kitty and Pac-Man are among the myriad pop-culture references flashed briefly before the eyes of viewers in a frantic ad for Apple.
Apple ad: Walter White is one of the many images used to customise consumers' MacBooks
The various characters and concepts are depicted using a variety of real-life stickers applied to the aluminium casings of MacBook Air laptops, often using the white Apple logo at its centre as part of the illustration. Each image is shown for a fraction of a second, before the film moves on to the next, in stop-motion style.
The hypnotic montage is punctuated aptly by the syncopated electronica of Scottish musician Hudson Mohawke.
"The notebook people love," states the endline of the 30-second spot.
Brand: MacBook Air
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London