ZenithOptimedia and Havas billings decline
Publicis' ZenithOptimedia and Havas Media were the only top-ten UK media agencies to decline in 2013, according to Recma.
Direct Line: MediaCom client
According to its research, ZenithOptimedia’s global media billings and other activities were worth £1.72 billion in 2013, a drop of 6 per cent on 2012. Havas Media’s overall activity was valued at £624 million, down 8 per cent.
WPP’s MediaCom was the largest media agency in the UK in 2013 with £2.66 billion from media billings and other activities, an increase of more than £100 million on 2012.
Recma measures media billings as well as that from activities such as digital and diversified services.
The Dentsu-owned Carat was second with £1.96 billion, while Group M’s Mindshare was third (£1.84 billion).
|Rank 2013||Industry Shares 2013||Media Networks incl agency brands and other media entities||Overall activity 2013 rounded £bn||Overall activity 2012 rounded £bn||Growth rate yoy %|
|1||16.2%||MediaCom / Group M||2 655||2 505||6%|
|2||12.0%||Carat / Dentsu Aegis||1 964||1 945||1%|
|3||11.3%||Mindshare (inc M/Six)/Group M||1 843||1 757||5%|
|4||11.2%||OMD / OMG||1 835||1 731||6%|
|5||11.2%||MEC / Group M||1 828||1 549||18%|
|6||10.5%||ZenithOptimedia / Publicis||1 723||1 831||-6%|
|7||5.9%||StarcomMediaVes t/ Publicis||972||838||16%|
|8||4.6%||Maxus/ Group M||758||632||20%|
|9=||3.8%||PHD (inc Rocket) / OMG||624||589||6%|
|9=||3.8%||Havas Media (inc Arena) / Havas||624||679||-8%|
|11||3.7%||Vizeum / Dentsu Aegis||602||533||13%|
|13||2.3%||Initiative / Mediabrands||368||341||8%|
|-||100%||Total Neworks studied by RECMA||16 345||15 398||6%|
|-||-||The 7stars (affil BPN)/ Independent||162||121||34%|
|-||-||All Response Media/ Independent||146||140||4%|
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London