Universal offers movie composers' services to ad agencies
Universal Music UK is launching a venture to offer ad agencies the services of composers who have worked on films such as Independence Day and Quantum Of Solace.
Quantum Of Solace: scored by Arnold, who is part of the venture
The service is an extension of Universal’s 20-strong commercial division, Globe, which is currently having informal discussions with agencies. Several projects are already in development.
Globe has partnered with composers such as David Arnold, who has written scores for several James Bond films and Godzilla, and Ilan Eshkeri, the composer for Kick-Ass and Layer Cake.
The venture will create bespoke campaign music for agencies, drawing on the artistic processes used for scoring a movie. Universal’s music labels will then release the music. Nick Angel, a former A&R director at Island Records, is running it.
Marc Robinson, the managing director of Globe, said: "We’re bringing the very best film composers into this space with the full support and release mechanism of a label."
Universal Music owns Decca, the label behind soundtracks for The Hobbit, Philomena and The King’s Speech, as well as Abbey Road Studios.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR for Brand Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael Day rate c£275-£300, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Branding Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael c£150-£170+ day rate depending on experience , London (Central), London (Greater)